Friday, May 12, 2006

BMW Sadness???

Wait, that's not a BMW....

Nobody has enough garage space. For me, it's the 'company' used cars that usually get garage space first (except big trucks which are just too big for garages, IMHO), followed by my higher value (read: under $20k) cars that get the luxury of covered parking.

It occurred to me today as I was moving cars around at home for covered parking, that my 74 Porsche 914-6 conversion weekend car (above - no A/C, and I live in Texas!!!) was more valuable than my 98 M3 daily driver. So, in goes the Porsche and to the elements sits the M3.

The M3 is a hoot to drive. It's white, so it's a sleeper to the local authorities. But, because the new 06 BMW 3 series is out, two generations newer than mine, my values have plummented in the last year. On the bright side, at about $10k, it makes it much easier for middle income earners to buy one. The car is extremely reliable. I just had the 90k service performed on mine. The car came with an extended warranty, and other than routine maintenance items, I believe all I've paid extra for was the alternator maintenance.

The follow-on note of sadness was that the 'convertible' season for us in Dallas is too short. In May, I'm already opting for a/c vs. top down motoring.... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory