Friday, April 28, 2006

Chevy Beats Ford in Texas Trucks, Too!!!

I was reviewing my used car and used truck requests for the past 9 months last night. A surprising fact arose: I have 25% MORE requests to find half-ton Chevrolet trucks vs. Ford trucks. In a world where Ford clearly outsells Chevy in trucks, and especially so in Texas, this strikes me as odd. Could it be that Chevy buyers are more internet-savy than Ford? After all, to find me, you really need to be on the internet. I wonder if Bob Lutz would like to know about this and comment on his blog (http://fyi.gmblogs.com)??? I'm certain that Bill Ford won't like to hear it... I grew up a Chevy man, but have to confess that Ford was winning me over lately, until I looked at the stats.

Don't get me wrong, though. Ford truck requests to me are tied for 3rd place overall, so I still get a TON of Ford used truck requests. And, FWIW, people DEFINITELY like the Ford F250 and F350 used trucks over Chevy 3500s in their requests to me. It's probably a function of the diesel reputations, though even Ford has a lame-duck with their 2003-2005 6.0 diesel. So much so, that Ford (www.ford.com) is offering special incentives to these truck owners to buy the new 2006 6.3 diesel engine models. I even have more requests for Dodge 1 ton trucks vs. Chevy 1 ton models.

Is Chevy poised to take over Ford in trucks overall, just as Chevy did in beating Ford in overall 2005 sales???? Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There appears to be alot more trucks on the road in Houston, Texas compared to Dallas, Texas.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about those foreign trucks from Toyota and Honda? How is their market-share comparing?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory