Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bye Bye BMW Displacement

It used to be that the old addage was that more displacement was better for more torque, which was what was great for stoplight racing. No more, at least at BMW.

According to an article by Richard Truett at Automotive News (www.autonews.com), BMW will develop and build no more larger displacement engines. :-( Rather, they will again begin turbocharging and doing other technological advances to current engines. I haven't seen a BMW turbo since the 70s and 80s when the 2002 turbo and 745i (real old body version) were out. In fact, both models were european delivery only, and rare in the US.

Should we start hoarding our current BMWs as 'vintage', and expect their values to increase? And, should I go buy-back that Hartge BMW E28 5er I used to own???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI ##NAME##, Now I'm no expert, but that looks a pretty neat blog you've got there. I must remember to come back again, cos you'lll have some more interesting information here later I'm sure. See you around, Rex ##LINK##

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ##NAME##, Just found your blog when I was out there looking around. Not exactly what I was looking for, but interesting. Good to see a blog on your topic. Rex ##LINK##.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory