Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Just Like 1974???

I read a lot. Newspaper, magazines, books, blogs... I listen to talk radio most every day too. I haven't read about it, or heard about it. I believe that in 5 or 10 years, we're going to look back at this time similarly to how we look back on 1974.

I'm talking about how the American car companies haven't planned well for the future. With the rise of gas prices, the Big 3 have a large component of their revenue and profits coming from large trucks and large SUVs, which are in a slump. They didn't plan well for this time.

I don't agree with the notion, but we also have people complaining here that McDonald's shouldn't be giving out Hummer toys in their Happy Meals. C'mon, people. It's a toy...

But the Big 3 wouldn't be looking at global domination by Toyota if they didn't have their heads in the sand. And Ford and General Motors wouldn't be looking at MAJOR problems staying afloat.

So, you heard it here first folks, as far as I know. The Big 3 are suffering in 2006 just like they did in 1974. I guess they didn't learn anything 30 years ago.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think this whole anti-McHummer campaign is much ado about nothing.

1. The toy in my two-year old's happy meal today is not going to influence his car buying decisions 20 years from now.

2. If you bothered to talk to an actual child, you might have learned that the toy hummer doesn't burn any gas at all. It's just a toy ... car.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory