Monday, August 14, 2006

BMW - Nissan - Toyota - Honda

Hey, I just write what I read.

Again from Becker (read my post below), who is writing about the global automobile industry and its...situation.... Becker says that the Companies who have it figured out are: BMW, Nissan, Toyota and Honda. I totally agree

Now, I'm personally not so hot on Nissan. But, Ghosn has sure got the company turned around. If only someone was more excited about the 350Zs... But, I'd drive a Honda, Toyota or especially BMW (745i pictured) anyday.

You see, IMHO, (and I haven't read this in the book) GM and Ford executives and designers watched the movie, "Field of Dreams" too many times. They think that if they build something (yawn), people will come, (read:buy it). WRONG!!! They're starting to figure it out, now, too. Even Ford's Fusion, designed with a more 'current' styling in mind, still hasn't taken off. I'm not going to sell yawners to people who can drive a MINI, or fun-to-drive BMW 325, or even ultra-reliable Echo. Wake up American iron designers!!! Posted by Picasa


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Gotta Say This is true, Ford and GMC are no longer in the top. tey dont make the cars to last. i had a 86 honda prelude and had no problems out of it. My dad has a 02 ford and he take that thing into the shop for major and minor problems more times thanive ever heard of. My mom has a 84 nissan maxima with 300,000 + miles on it and has never replaced anything on it, other than regular maintaince. i have a 05 honda and of course no problems.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory