Wednesday, August 02, 2006

How Long to Close a Car Deal?

Some blog reading has me thinking.... How long should it take to close a car deal once the buyer wants the car?????

The last one I did took me 15 minutes. It was a cash deal. The buyer's real happy; he paid probably $1250 less than his budget, maybe more. Yeah, I left money on the table.

Most deals that I have which are cash or where the buyer comes with financing-in-hand, and I can't beat it, are done in less than 30 minutes. Obviously, if I'm providing the funding it will take longer than 30 min, so those don't count.

Salespeople want to close the deal and move on. They're paid to close deals as they're all on commission. After they close the deal they can move on to the next sale. But they also need to do it right.

When I bought my first house in 1984, all the paperwork really scared me. I wanted to read all of it. Closing took quite a bit of time. Since then, most deals for anything have gone pretty quickly, except the divorce. That one took a loooong time...

So, when I read a blog post, referred in my blog below, that salespeople see a woman coming and don't want to deal with her because she's going to take 4 hours, what's going on??? The last woman I sold was again, 30 minutes; she had her own financing that I couldn't beat.

Is it all the Finance & Insurance upsell that's going on??? The stuff I sortof hate? The stuff that can piss anyone off??? It can make me more money, but perhaps at a price. So I don't push it.

I went with a woman several years ago to a franchised Honda or Toyota dealer; I can't remember, but they're located right next to each other down the road. She wanted to buy a new car, something I really don't do. We introduced ourselves, we did not explain our relationship and my role, and the whole time the dealer salesperson ignored the woman and talked to me the whole time. We left within 3o minutes; she was pissed, because she couldn't get the salesman to listen to her or pay attention to her. So, I know there's a problem with some salespeople dealing with women. Maybe it's more common than I believe. And, I believe I understand. I'm definitely sympathetic.

Women want a no-dicker-sticker. So, come on over. Tell me what you want. I'll get it, tell you what I paid for it, show you my fee, offer you financing if you don't have it and close the final deal in 30 minutes.

4 hours????...Not if I have my way. Do women want to spend 4 hours?



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jim! Just showing the class how to do this! Tina

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory