Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Is it a Lemon!?!?!?

I'm sure some customers wonder whether I'm trying to sell a "Lemon Law" car, a car that a manufacturer bought back from a consumer because of repetitive issues. To be sure, those cars exist out there. In Texas, I must abide by Texas Code that says that if I buy a known "lemon", I must disclose same. If I don't and I get caught, I will be paying HUGE fines to the state of Texas, and risking my dealer license.

Yup, I'm sure that there are dealers out there that don't disclose, but they're taking a big risk. How does a consumer protect himself??? I can offer two pieces of advice: 1) Buy from a dealer that you feel you can trust, and 2) Get a Carfax, as their record gathering should uncover a "Lemon Law" car and advize you of that fact.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory