Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Is My Way Better???

I came across a new blog yesterday, AskPatty. The blog caters to women buyers of vehicles, and the whole concept got me thinking....

If you come to dfwCARFINDER and ask me to find you a vehicle, we publish our fee to find that vehicle for you. Call it markup, profit, fee, whatever, I'll tell you what I paid for the car delivered to your order. I know that with this business concept, I'm in the minority. Car dealers recommend not focusing on price with advertising. Methinks it's so they can maximize their price. Nevertheless, in my find-a-car pricing model, you know, at least I hope you know, that you're NOT getting screwed.

Here's an example. Someone bought a Honda CR-V from my sales manager 2 years ago. Back then, she paid only $350 over cost for the vehicle. Her sibling had shopped and shopped for 6 months, negotiating with dealers, haggling, etc. to buy an identical vehicle. He bought his CR-V before her, and he thought he had a great deal until she drove home in her CR-V from my sales manager. She paid $600 LESS than he did. Both bought an 02 Honda CR-V 2WD, the identical mid-grade package, and her vehicle from my sales manager had LESS miles. Yet, she paid LESS from us, and we published the markup on the vehicle. Kinda pissed her sibling off.

She had less hastle, less time spent finding the vehicle, got a car with less miles, the car was under factory warranty, she knew the dealer profit. It was a win-win.

Is this better? And, does it make buyers, especially women, more confortable??? Really...I'd like to know.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post in reference to Ask Patty. No haggle pricing is what women prefer from my research. Perhaps if Ask Patty makes enough noise the car dealers and auto manufactures will "listen up" and change their approach!

Jody DeVere
President
Ask Patty
www.askpatty.com

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your way is better and it does make me feel more comfortable. I'm a female who's ignorant in regards to purchasing a vehicle. Since I don't know that much about cars, it is easy for me to be taken advantage of. And when I walk into a car dealership, I assum I will be screwed over any deal. If all the facts can be presented in front of me, I would feel much better. And I don't mind paying somebody extra to find me the car and the deal I want.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I purchased my last car. I purchased a Nissan Xterra at a dealership in Shreveport, La. I just stopped by to look at the auto and they ran a credit check. They offered me a special 3.9% financing for recent college graduates. I almost felt that I was being held hostage as I sat in the business office while they completed the transaction. I left with the car the same day. The next few days I started experiencing buyer remorse. I feel that I am a good negotiator but I feel that I was rushed into the decision. Next time I will explore dfwCARFINDER to see "Is Your Way Better???".

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, everyone would like to say “trust me.”, but how can I trust you? I am a male, but I don’t know much about cars, either. The way I am doing a car purchasing decision is to find one of my friends who really know about car’s performance and know how to negotiate with car dealers, and I also suggest my friends to do so before they purchase their cars from dealers. Why? I had a bad experience. You know, since I am an international student, sometimes it gives me a hard time to negotiate with Native Americans. I was trying to look for a Toyota car from dealers. After I talked with several dealers, I felt the price they gave me seemed too high. I asked my friend to do me a favor. He said dealers frequently rise their price at the beginning and wait for your negotiate. If you don’t negotiate with them and do purchase behavior immediately, they win!!! Therefore, people like me, an international student, will take more disadvantages on it. I don’t know much about American negotiate skills; also, I can’t do much better negotiate skills with dealers in English. If I trust them, I may be a stupid buyer!!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It appears that your way is better and based on the facts provided, the next time I decide to buy/lease a vehicle, I will consider looking you up. I have always done my homework when selling, purchasing, or leasing a vehicle and yet, somewhere down the line, feel I was "screwed" but that they did it with a smile. Thanks for your post.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Automobile Blog Top Sites Blog Directory Top 
Blog Sites Blog Directory & Search engine Listed in LS Blogs Blogarama - The Blogs Directory